Taking a vacation doesn’t have to be expensive, especially when you stay with Hemlock Hills! Our cabin rentals in Gatlinburg have everything you need for a fun and affordable getaway. To help you plan your next trip, we have put together six of the best ways to save money in Gatlinburg.
1. Explore the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is one of the few national parks in the U.S. that doesn’t charge an admission fee. Guests at Hemlock Hills will be just a short drive from all of the free things to do in the Smokies. Here are just some of the wonderful activities you can enjoy in the national park:
- Exploring over 800 miles of hiking trails. The five most popular hikes are the Appalachian Trail, Abrams Falls Trail, Laurel Falls Trail, Alum Cave Trail, and the Trillium Gap/Grotto Falls Trail.
- Taking a scenic drive through the mountains. Some of the best roads for auto touring include Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, Newfound Gap Road, Cades Cove Loop Road, Rich Mountain Road, and Little River Road.
- Having a picnic in the park. Some of the most beautiful areas for a picnic include Metcalf Bottoms, Greenbrier, and Cades Cove.
When you stay at our cabin rentals in Gatlinburg, you will find plenty of entertainment right at your home away from home. Rather than going out and spending money in town, you can plan a night of fun and games at your cabin. Whether you have a billiards or foosball tournament, watch a movie on your big screen TV, or you just kick back in your hot tub, you will love relaxing with your friends or family.
3. Get Away with a Group
Hemlock Hills offers a number of 5 bedroom cabins that can accommodate 12 – 16 people. One great way to save money on your vacation is to rent a large cabin and split the cost with friends or relatives. Getting away with another family not only makes your trip more affordable, but it also makes it more fun!
4. Enjoy These Free Activities
While the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is home to the most free things to do in the Gatlinburg area, there are also quite a few activities in town that don’t cost a cent to enjoy. Here are some of our favorite free activities:
- Visit the galleries, shops, and studios in the Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community.
- Enjoy free concerts at the Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery or Sugarlands Distillery.
- Sample wines at participating wineries along the Rocky Top Wine Trail.
- Tour the Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts.
- Stroll through downtown Gatlinburg and take in the views along the city’s riverwalk.
5. Cook a Few Meals in Your Cabin
Dining out for every meal can be a major expense on vacation. Fortunately, our cabins come with fully furnished kitchens, so you can easily whip up something tasty to eat. While you will definitely want to visit some of Gatlinburg’s excellent restaurants, dining in for at least one meal a day will save you a lot of money.
Hemlock Hills regularly offers seasonal specials and promotions that make our cabin rentals in Gatlinburg even more affordable. In addition to our seasonal specials, we also provide year-round discounts for returning guests, doctors, nurses, police officers, firefighters, and military personnel. To see our latest specials, visit our Discounts & Deals page!