When you have a furry family member, planning a vacation can be a little complicated. Do you leave your dog behind or take Fido on the road with you? Here at Hemlock Hills Resort Rentals, we wholeheartedly recommend bringing your pooch to the Smokies!
Hemlock Hills offers a great selection of pet friendly cabins for rent in Gatlinburg TN that are perfect for your next escape. Our cabins can accommodate up to two dogs that are both under 25 lbs. To help you make the most of your getaway, we have put together five reasons you’ll love vacationing with your dog in Gatlinburg.
1. You’ll Save Money
One of the main advantages of taking your dog on vacation is not having to make arrangements for your pup while you’re away. Kennel fees can add up quickly and paying for a dog sitter can also be expensive. When you stay at our pet friendly cabins, you will save a lot of money and avoid the hassle of preparing your dog for a kennel stay.
Your kids will absolutely love having their best friend with them during their vacation! Bringing your dog to Gatlinburg means that your little ones will always have someone to play with throughout their stay. Of course, adults will also enjoy sitting with their four-legged pal on the deck or relaxing beside the fireplace.
3. Encourages You to Get Outdoors
Another perk of staying at our pet friendly cabins for rent in Gatlinburg TN is getting plenty of fresh air with your pup. Dogs are always enthusiastic about exploring the outdoors, so you’ll always have a good reason to go outside and enjoy the beautiful Smoky Mountain scenery. While pets are not allowed on most trails in the national park, there are plenty of great spots to walk your dog around our resort or in town.
4. Fun Pet Friendly Attractions
Some of the most popular places in the Gatlinburg area allow guests to bring their dogs! Here are some of the best pet friendly attractions in the region:
- Dollywood has a special “Doggywood” area where dogs can relax while their owners visit the theme park.
- The Gatlinburg Trail is a 1.9 mile one-way hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park that permits dogs.
- The Village Shops in downtown Gatlinburg are a great place for visitors with dogs to walk around. We suggest stopping by the Simply Animals store to pick up a homemade dog treat or a new toy for your furry friend.
There are a number of excellent restaurants in Gatlinburg with pet friendly outdoor seating. Many of these eateries will even bring your dog a bowl of water to drink while you eat. Here are a few of our favorite pet friendly restaurants:
- Best Italian – delicious pizza, pasta, garlic rolls, and other Italian dishes
- Wild Plum Tea Room – homemade food prepared with fresh ingredients in the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community
- Dick’s Last Resort – tasty American food and sarcastic servers who make fun of guests
- The Funnel Cake Company – a wonderful place for dessert in downtown Gatlinburg
With dog friendly cabins that sleep between 8 and 12 guests, we are guaranteed to have the ideal accommodations for your getaway. To start planning your next vacation, browse our selection of pet friendly cabins for rent in Gatlinburg TN!